- A school bag (clearly labelled with your child’s name).
- A lunch box (clearly labelled).
- Lunch (e.g. sandwich with nutritious filling, yoghurt, dried fruit, cheese stick, etc.).
- Please do not send any food containing nut products (ref No-Nut Policy, and Healthy Eating Policy).
- Most snack bars, muesli bars are “manufactured in a factory that may produce nut products.”. Please read the disclaimer and do not send these products.
- A piece of fruit for the fruit bowl, to be shared at fruit time.
- A drink of water in a labelled plastic bottle which we will refill with water during the day.
- For 3- years old a set of cot sheets (clearly labelled).
- A sheet bag (drawstring bag or pillowcase (clearly labelled).
- Small blanket (for use during cooler months (clearly labelled).
- A spare set of clothing and underwear (clearly labelled).
- A sun hat, must be wide-brimmed or Legionnaires for best protection, labelled, EVERY DAY. A sun hat is needed all year, as we have a ‘No hat, No outdoor play’ policy. Allow for changeable weather, and pop in a sweater (summer) or a shirt (winter).
- The preschool uses SunClear SPF30 Natural Sunscreen and Panadol. In case of allergies, please provide your own products.
Please do not allow children to wear jewelry to the centre, as small beads, etc, could be a danger to other children if swallowed. Badges and hairpins are also to be discouraged. Health and safety regulations make closed shoes, or sandals with closed heel, the correct footwear, and preclude the wearing of thongs to kindy.
You will note the emphasis on clearly labelling all articles, which could be similar to another child’s, and therefore easily misplaced. Labelling all articles (including shoes) before your child begins Preschool will save lots of time