The best way of our conveying to families important and interesting happenings, which we are not always able to tell everyone on a day-to-day basis, is via the newsletter. Also included will be correspondence we have from community groups, Department of Education, Family Assistance Office, or local councils. Any relevant matters raised at our 4-weekly staff meetings will also be in this service. Please remember that many hours of collecting and confirming of information by educators go into keeping you informed. Please complete the circle between child, family, and Gingerbread by taking 4 minutes to read your newsletter.
- Your child must be accompanied into the kindergarten. Please greet a staff member as you arrive, and it is mandatory that parents/carers remember to sign the attendance book, on arrival and departure.
- When picking up your child, please let a staff member know that your child is leaving with you, and sign the attendance book.
- If someone other than yourself is picking up your child, please advise an educator. If the person is not listed on the enrolment form, you will need to advise the staff and the person will have to show I.D. when they come to pick up your child. Children will not be released into the care of anyone under the age of 18.
- If your child is going to be absent, please let us know as soon as possible.
- Please do not send your child to kindy when he or she is unwell. This is not fair on the sick child, or on the rest of the class and educators. Please note our exclusion policy that limits the spread of infection in the centre. If your child becomes ill during the day, the Director may request that s/he be taken home. If your child has an infectious illness, they must not attend kindy. Please report the illness to the Director. Please read our Sickness and Exclusion Policy and refer to the minimum exclusion periods in the National Health and Medical Research poster, a NSW Dept Health booklet in the Parent’s Information Area.
- Please read the ‘What We Did Today’ and ‘Sleepers’ section of the attendance book at the end of each day.
- We do not have a Lost Property Box at the kindy as these seem to attract an ever increasing amount of items. Instead, we will place any unlabelled items in a marked locker, so please check there for any misplaced items.
- Please give the Director four weeks’ notice in writing when discontinuing your child’s enrolment, or changing the number of days attending. If your child is enrolled for the next year, and you decide not to use the place offered, written notice must be given prior to mid November in the current year.
- If you are going to be late picking up your child, please inform an educator.
- As we have to pay educators overtime, a $10 late fee for less than an hour and $20 thereafter, will be payable.
- Please do not let your child bring any toys to kindy, other than a small-labelled soft toy for rest time or security toys. This avoids any conflict with other children and distress, should the toy get broken or lost.
- Please read the Newsletter. It is a necessary part of the partnership between Gingerbread and parents that we advise you what activities we are planning, so that you can encourage your children’s interest at home and thus their learning by discussion, reading books, complementing what they have experienced at preschool.
Should there be a change in hours of attendance on any day, or if another person is to collect your child, please advise a member of staff and note the details in the Diary.